A Word from The Board
Kenneth Shann CCP
As President of the American Society of ExtraCorporeal Technology (AmSECT), it is my pleasure to thank you for your commitment and continued support of AmSECT’s mission to "foster improved patient care and safety by providing for the continuing education and professional needs of the extracorporeal circulation technology community.”
Every two years, AmSECT leaders gather and develop a strategic plan for the next two years. The strategic planning process is an opportunity to assess the health of the organization and clarify the goals for the next two years. The new plan includes broad strategies that will enable us to achieve those goals and identifies ways to measure the plan’s progress. I want to share some of the highlights of the plan with you.
- Disseminate and support AmSECT University-- AmSECT University (AmSECT U) is a virtual, web-based learning management system and one of the most important member benefits AmSECT has ever provided. AmSECT U provides a platform to facilitate perfusion-related education and earn category 1 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion. If you have not yet taken advantage of the educational courses here, log in and take a look.
- Leadership Learning Curriculum—A Task Force is currently working to develop an AmSECT leadership and learning curriculum designed to provide current and aspiring leaders the knowledge, skills and resources to actively participate in their programs. Scheduled to launch in May 2017 in conjunction with the 55th International Conference in Boston, this will promote professional development and provide the basis for sustainability of leadership within perfusion and our Society.Strengthen Member Engagement—Strengthen AmSECT to make it the top resource and home for all perfusionists. We’ll be conducting a needs assessment to gauge what products and services you are looking for in your professional association.
Your AmSECT membership dues and active involvement with the society link you to valuable information, education, networks and resources. Our plan is to make these resources even more valuable to you and the perfusion community.
AmSECT is proud to have you as a member, and we look forward to serving you in the upcoming year!
AmSECT Membership Benefits
- AmSECT Today, a bi-monthly magazine, published six times per year
- A subscription to the Journal of ExtraCorporeal Technology, published four times per year and widely viewed as the authority in extracorporeal technology
- Reduced fees for all continuing medical education programs that also offer tremendous networking opportunities
- Representation to organizations of interest to the field of perfusion such as the Accreditation Committee-Perfusion Education (AC-PE), Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO), Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), and the Joint Commission
- Monitoring of state and federal legislative and regulatory activities
- Access to educational support, scientific research, recognition of significant professional achievement through the AmSECT Foundation
- Providing the perfusionists in your state with the leadership necessary to enable them to form a state perfusion society to deal with state-level perfusion-related political issues
- Access to the online password-protected areas of the AmSECT website to:
– Renew dues online and check account balance
– Update/change contact information
– Access to all published articles in JECT
– Find out the latest issues with legislation, malpractice and insurance
– View your AmSECT Today electronically
– Online posting of job opportunities
– Print CEU certificates online for AmSECT sponsored educational activities
The AmSECT Foundation
Welcomes Your Support!
Click here for more information.